Who we are
Airdrop was founded in 2011 by Dr Ian Mathias‑Baker, a UX/UI expert with particular experience of the educational and assessment sector, and a first generation digital nomad.
The company was conceived of as a 100% remote agency, back when that was quite a novelty.
Since then the company has built a solid reputation for delivering exceptional user interfaces across numerous other sectors. We've designed solutions for everything from managing energy use to de-risking supply chains, built software dashboards for connected hardware, and even designed a smart bus shelter for the Tokyo Olympics.
We care about social justice
- We do pro bono work for social causes.
- We mentor young people, particularly those from disadvantaged backgounds, or those with issues that make traditional career paths difficult.
- We don’t work for businesses in sectors that cause social harm, such as gambling or tobacco.
We care about the environment
- We do pro bono work for environmental organisations.
- We don't fly.
- We source sustainably.
- Our operations are carbon neutral.